My hubby and I are trying to eat healthier, aka. more colours on our plate. We came up with this. It looks pretty, is easy to whip up (everything in the oven) and tastes surprisingly good. Oh, and it’s the first time we used the rosemary from our little rosemary plant! 🙂 I’ve separated the recipe into chicken and then vegetables – in case you want to cook one and not the other.
1. Buy a pack of thigh cutlets with skin on (approx 6 in a pack). (We find that you can only get this at Coles and not Woolies).
2. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
3. Place the thigh cutlets in a roasting tray.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with rosemary (I tore the leaves off roughly from the stem), salt and pepper (don’t be too stingy). I imagine the results would be better if you massaged the oil and salt and pepper into the thigh cutlets, but I didn’t cause I was a bit lazy and it still worked well.
5. Put it in the oven, and roast until golden brown (approx 30 minutes?)
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
2. Slice eggplant, capsicum, roma tomato and sweet potatoes into thickish round discs.
3. Line baking tray with baking paper, and place vegetables on top (don’t overlap).
4. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper.
5. Bake in the oven, until it looks done! (approx 15-20 minutes?)
6. Stack them all on top of one another 🙂 You can garnish with basil / other herbs if you wish, but I didn’t.